Sunday, January 25, 2009

to zion, or not to zion....


im looking out the window and it does look better than yesterday, skully and i spent the day in the canyon, and i was glad i didnt bring the ibis cause it was epic up there yesterday, god i love springdale !!!! we went through the tunnel ( 1.1 miles long ) and to the other side towards mnt carmel, "I CANNOT BELIEVE" no one has ever ran a race through here, the road is amazing !

a dozen or so switchbacks and or turns get you to the entrance to the tunnel, i dont know the actual gain, but i would guess it to be about 1000, maybe 1200 feet. then when you get through the tunnel ( you have to make an arrangement to shuttle through because bikes are not allowed, i usually park at one of the turn outs before, go down, do the climb to my truck, go through, park at a turn out after, then ride out and back, ive also hitched through. ) its just one unbelieveable sight after another. i would say that another 1000 feet is gained to the ranger station, but i havent left the park yet, thats the plan today, im still eyeing the horizon.

it was so fun to hang with the skull , and it just wasnt a day to ride, we got rained on no less than 5 times, hailed on once, we got out and hiked up this big ass slick rock mountain, we went up the weeping rock trail, but there was a lot of snow still so we didnt make it to the top, and then we went into springdale and day dreamed about being able to find a place to live there. we drove around and looked at houses for sale, and it seems that you may not only need an arm and a leg to build in springdale but you will probably need an ear, two fingers, a couple of toes and a large chunk of ass!! it was a great day.... here skully skully skully>>>

2 comments:

  1. What's up grandpa? Been riding every day. Going to get a fuel EX 8. AMC 2009? Good posts man. Shoot me a call when you get a minute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, my name Ting and from I came to Taiwan to ride bikes on my time. How are you. I am read your blog so good and must say you are knowing a bike so good. How are you? I am riding for free one day in next month and would like to have a go at you sometime? Ok. I fly to states of america for two weeks for red desert lizard ride with you? Ok. Call me to say how to meet 0-110-999-4342-12998-193880-445-19388-333933-0-9 on my celluar phone. I ride ibis bike too! I will have fun on you riding! How they say ye haw! I look forward to sepak to you for free and I will bring dice and jerky for energy boost and rest time play.

    Ting Dah Boh

    ReplyDelete